Saturday, December 4, 2010

Where are all the wooden trawlers

I have been searching for wooden boats over the years and have found sites such as: anchorline.com.au, yachtworld.com and boatpoint.com.au. There are of course many boat sales type web pages, few that specialise in the size and type of boat I want.
A few years ago we thought the Pacific North West in B.C., Canada and/or Washington, USA would be the ideal place to find exactly the type of boat I wanted. After travelling there and inspecting their workmanship and designs I came to the conclusion the PNW style of boat would NOT be the right boat in Qld., Australian waters. So I am concentrating my search to the local market, there are few here for sale and the ones that are available are expensive compared to the overseas market ATM. Never the less, long after you spend the money you will be enjoying the dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment